Hey guys! This is Bombs reporting in with my StarCraft II guide to the Protoss All-Purpose Build Order (2-Base Colossus). I’ll walk through the key details and main points to be aware of. This is a 2-base playstyle that quickly reaches Colossus to out-tech your opponent! It’s effective, easy to execute, and has a super strong timing attack. Here’s the video!
The Build Order
- 14 Pylon
- 16 Gateway > Gas
- When main base is fully saturated, change Nexus rally point to Gas.
- Stop making Probes at 19 Supply and save for expansion.
- Start natural expansion Nexus > Cybernetic > 2nd Gas > resume Probe production > Pylon at natural.
- 100% Cybernetics Core > make an Adept, start Warp Gate research, start a Mothership Core. Chrono Boost your Gateway.
- 150 Gas > start Robotics Facility
- 100% Robotics Facility > make 2 Observers
- 12 Probes at natural > 2 Gateways
- 16 Probes at natural > 2 Gases, Robotics Bay
- 100% Robo Bay > start 1st Colossus, start Extended Thermal Lance research.
- While producing 2nd Colossus > 3 Gateways
- After 2nd Colossus > 3 Sentries
- 100% 3rd Colossus > Warp Prism
- Move out at 7:40
- Attack at 8:20
- From the Gateway, you make 2 Adepts then only Stalkers.
- From the Robotics Facility, you make 2 Observers, then 3 Colossi, then 1 Warp Prism.
- Don’t forget the Sentries! They’re extremely important with Forcefields to split the enemy army and Guardian Shield to protects your units.
- Continue building Pylons as necessary so you don’t get supply blocked.
Good luck on ladder! If you want help mastering this build, make sure to check out my profile.