Hey guys! This is Bombs reporting in with my StarCraft II guide to the Zerg All-Purpose Build Order (12 Pool Baneling Bust). I’ll walk through the key details and main points to be aware of. This is a 1-base playstyle that attacks very early with Zerglings and Banelings, which gives very little time for the enemy to react! It’s highly effective and easy to execute. Here’s the video!
The Build Order
- 13 Extractor
- 12 Spawning Pool
- 14 Overlord
- 14 3x Zerglings
- 100 Gas > Pull 1 Drone off Gas, start Metabolic Boost upgrade
- 19 Queen
- 50 Gas > Baneling Nest
- 22 Overlord
- Get your Spawning Pool early.
- Tech quickly to Banelings.
- Attack with Speedlings and Banelings before your opponent has enough units to hold!
- When your first Zerglings arrive at the enemy base, you can poke and see if there’s an opportunity to do some free damage. If not, fall back and wait for reinforcements to arrive. As soon as your Baneling Nest finishes, morph as many Banelings as you can afford and crush the enemy!
- Make sure you always use Inject with your Queen.
- Don’t forget to pull 1 Drone from Gas after you start the Metabolic Boost research!
Good luck on ladder! If you want help mastering this build, make sure to check out my profile.